What is an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
Health Advocate, Inc., is a subsidiary of West Corporation and is the nation’s leading healthcare advocacy and assistance company serving more than 10,000 clients. They offer a range of solutions to lower healthcare costs, increase productivity and improve outcomes. West Corporation is a leading provider of technology-driven communication services.
Health Advocate’s EAP+Work/Life Program offers employees short-term counseling and support for a range of personal, family, financial and work/life problems. This early intervention service helps promote total well-being, reduces the need for more costly mental health services, decreases absenteeism and improves productivity. The program also features unlimited management consultations to address workplace productivity issues and disruptive event management planning, conflict resolution and other organizational issues. As before with Community Action EAP, our employees will have access to up to six visits per occurrence.
RCCD recognizes that a a variety of personal and family matters and/or issues may affect an employee’s personal and work lives. Through the EAP, RCCD provides access to a nationwide network of comprehensive services, private practitioners and community resources for employees, family and extended family members and significant others.
Who is Eligible?
Health Advocate EAP and Work/Life program assists employees, their spouses or domestic partners and dependent children, as well as their parents and parents-in-law..
What are the Program Features?
The features of the EAP and Work/Life program include the following:
- Short-term counseling focused on coping strategies
- Licensed counseling for stress, depression, family issues, substance abuse and more
- Video counseling available via smartphone, computer, laptop or tablet
- Referral for long-term counseling or specialized care, as needed
- Work/life specialists locate, determine availability for elder care, child care, legal and other support services
- Access to website to self-search work/life provider databases, articles, webinars and onsite seminars
- Comprehensive financial wellness resources including online articles, webinars, calculators, downloadable forms
- Consultations with financial/legal specialists
- Access to Medical Bill Saver service to help lower non-covered medical and dental bills of $400 or more
- Unlimited HR or management consultations to address sensitive employee issues
- Disruptive event management planning and initial disability consultations involving mental health or substance abuse
- Promotional and employee communications available in multiple languages